Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Sunday 16 May 2010

You CAN Heal your life :)

Good morning everyone. How is your weekend going so far?

Thought i would tell you a bit about some of my favourite reads. I'm not a big reader because for one reason or another i have a severe lack of concentration particularly when i go to bed because in the main I'm tired and want  to go to sleep.

This book was recommended to me by a very good friend of mine who treated me during various lows in recent years. She is a Reiki master and now my sons Fairy godmother. She suggested this book by Louise L Hay and within a short space of time i bought a box set and set about reading it. It made such an impact that if i had the money i would have bought everyone a copy. I have spent the years since reading it and recommending it to all sorts of people for all sorts of reasons and still do. Louise's philosophy is that dis-ease is brought on by various emotional events that happen in our lives and the anger, resentment, upset whatever it is causes the dis-ease to manifest. By dealing with or changing our thought patterns we can dissolve the cause/end result and heal ourselves. I appreciate this sounds very simple and i may not have described it very well and might take some doing but it is worth thinking about. Whilst anger is a natural response to many things in the end what is the point. It changes our whole being to be angry and its no fun. I am definitely in  a place where i give great consideration to the thoughts that enter my mind now and my priorities have changed particularly having overcome PND and OCD. There are so many things that are more important in life and enjoying the things you do is one of those things at the top of my list. I love my family and my friends, some of which I've never met. I love my hobbies and find there aren't enough hours in the day to do all that i would want to.



Please if you get the chance give it a read. Louise has many books and Cd's they are all worth a look at and remember thoughts become things, make them good ones :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! I love this book too-I first read it in the 90's and it's definetly been an influential book! It's something you can read over and over and gain some new postivity from! Thanks for your uplifting post