Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Tuesday 27 November 2007

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Today my son managed to bring a smile to my face and a tear to my eye. 'No change there then', as his Dad would say.

I was driving to over to Southam to collect some books and took my Andy Williams Christmas Album with me. It's not he first time that I've had it on but the first time that Brett has been in the car with me (this year at least!). Brett seemed to quieten down quite quickly on our journey. I even wondered whether he had gone to sleep. He faces forward in his car seat now but i can only see him briefly if i glance round which i inevitably do from time to time.

He was still playing with his toy dashboard but quietly moving his head from side to side in time with the music and had that look on his face that said he was taking it all in.

I only bought this CD last Christmas but without a doubt mum and dads taste in music, particularly Christmas music has definitely rubbed off. I have no time for the predictabley tacky sounds of Slade, Wizzard and the like but find the warm tones of Andy, The Partridge Family, Barry Manilow conjure up a happy and exciting time. I'm guessing this will indirectly rub off on Brett but it won't do him any harm.

So don't forget Christmas is 'The most wonderful time of the year' and 'Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing!'

No comments: