Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Saturday 27 March 2010

Get Sketchy Challenge 31



Just made this card for my niece and based it on the the sketch over at Get Sketchy. It took a bit of doing, I'd already made the flower, i keep seeing them all over the place so i had to have a go. For mine i cut out three different size circles, scrunched them up and rubbed a pink ink pad on the yellow paper and a yellow one on the pink, as you can see the ink grabbed in the creases and then i embossed them all with a glittery powder. I sewed them together and round the edge and added a flat gold embellishment for the center. Having seen the sketch and DT entries it gave me some ideas for putting this together although i still struggled a bit but then i found this ornament (and the technical name has gone) and wrapped some coordinating embroidery thread round to tie it in with the flower and finished it off with a simple sentiment. Hope she likes it :)

3 comments:

Kerry said...

What a beautiful flower! I love all the glitter!

Fotf said...

Thanks Kerri :)

Michelle said...

Kerri, your neice is going to love it!! Its gorgeous!!:)