Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Great British Bake Off

So did you get caught up in the GBBO, i so enjoyed following this series of amateur bakers showing their skills and giving us early learners inspiration to try new things. Today i did just that, i baked scones. Using the recipe found here at the BBC Good Food site. Now in true GGBO style i almost forgot the caster sugar so added it just before i took the dough out. Didn't have a brush to paint the top with egg so dunked the tops in it before putting them on the baking tray. Mixture might have been a bit thick so they were mostly big scones and the largest of them which was the first one i went for was slightly doughy near the top so i think they could have done with a little longer in the oven but apart from that quite pleased. One of the nicest scones I've had in a long time and it didn't leave that feeling in my  mouth :)



Check out Ruth from GBBO over at her blog The Pink Whisk  and go online to see how you could raise money for Children in Need  or check out the GBBO recipes here :)

1 comment:

pinkglitterfae said...

we don't get that show here, but it sounds fabulous, something I would totally follow.
Those scones look delicious! I love love love scones, lol!
I tend to buy them, since my baking skills aren't quite that great, yet....
xoxo
betty