Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Friday 21 November 2008

Is someone trying to tell me something?

Yesterday while i was preparing dinner i came across this double mushroom. I had already pulled out both stems when i realised that there were two. When i looked at it more closely I realised how much it looked like the number 8!

So here we go. Sometimes we are told to observe signs and maybe this is one for me!

As a lucky or unlucky number
Eight (八;
accounting 捌; pinyin ) is considered a lucky number in Chinese culture because it sounds like the word "prosper" or "wealth" (發(T) 发(S); Pinyin: fā).
In
numerology, 8 is the number of building, and in some theories, also the number of destruction.

In astrology
In
Astrology, Scorpio is the 8th astrological sign of the Zodiac
In the
middle ages, 8 was the number of "unmoving" stars in the sky, and symbolized the perfectioning of incoming planetary energy

Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8_(number)

I guess i just could have been fortunate to have found my lucky 8 mushroom, lucky i hadn't ate it lol!

20/12/08
This is part of a '12 Sacred Days Of Yule' reading i am having and how uncanny that this was part of todays reading!

Eight Of Pentacles - The Eight of Pentacles refers to a time of hard work and dedication on the material realm, in the hopes of improving your work and yourself at the same time. It shows a need for patience, commitment, and dedication in order to achieve success. The Eight can be a sign of commitment and dedication to a relationship, or genuine interest in learning new skills. There is a spiritual side to this card as well. Often the man on the Eight of Pentacles is pictured as an apprentice learning a new skill. Like the Hermit, he seeks knowledge, and sometimes this wisdom will be of the spiritual sort. There is an alchemical energy to this card in that it seems to mix science with magic and may be telling you that you need to blend the two to create something unique and special in your circumstances or within yourself.

The Eight Of pentacles also sends the message that the efforts you are putting towards a dream or goal are well worth it and will be successful so don't give up just yet. You are nearing the end results. It may be difficult but the experience you will gain will be valuable in your future. Watch for someone more experienced that you who may be willing to gave you assistance; every apprentice needs a master to guide them towards greatness whether it relates to career, home, spiritual practices, or self growth. Never take your eyes off the goal.

If a job is once begun, never leave until it's done. Be the labour great or small, do it well - or not at all".

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just looked it up in my awesome dream book (How to Interpret Your Dreams by Michael Sheridan) and it says:

8 is the only balanced number and indicates expansion through balance of the heart. If you turn 8 on its side you get the infinity sign. Lucky any way you look at it!

Fotf said...

Thanks Senta, i could do with a bit of that at the moment :-)

Michelle said...

Kerri, that is so cool. Its a lucky mushroom for sure. I have always said that 8 is my lucky number but I never knew why. Makes sense for it to be yours, lots of good luck attached to it!

Fotf said...

Thanks again Michelle, are we twins seperated at birth lol!

Raluca said...

Wow....what a surprise-gift from Mother Nature!I´m not that god in numerology,but if you believe in signs,this can also mean''twins'':)).. or double(chances,persons,christmas presents,he,he..well..maybe,kids?)
Have best of wishes and good luck!

Raluca said...

..so astonished i was by your lucky mushroom,that I totally forgot to tell you a big thanks for your so nice comment on my ''opinion''!

Roberta said...

How cool is that!! Twin shrooms!

BTW... Liv said she must be a mama squirrel...the wisdom of a three year old!
Anyway the silly creature ran far too fast for me to pin her down and check! LOL!!

Fannie said...

I thought of the number 8 when I first saw your pic. Wonderful post and enjoyed the new information.

I have a surprise waiting for you on my blog. Hop on over when you have a chance. ;-D

Laura said...

What a fun blog you have!! And how cool to have found that double mushroom, I thinks it's wonderful when things like that are revealed to us! Btw - thanks so much for your kind words at my blog and for adding me to your list :>