Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Monday 20 October 2008

The Enchanted Wood - Enid Blyton




"The Faraway Tree!" said Bessie, in wonder.
"What a queer name! Why do you call it that?"
"Its a very strange tree," said another brownie.
"It's top reaches the far-away places in a way we don't understand. Sometimes it's top branches may be in Witchland, sometimes in lovely countries, sometimes in peculiar places no one has ever heard of. We never climb it because we never know what might be at the top!"

4 comments:

Donna Gotlib said...

I love this. Enchanting.

Fotf said...

Well worth a read cookie, even now i would happily settle down with this book, can't beat a bit of escapsim :-)

Christie said...

Welcome to EDM. I'm enjoying your blog and your drawings are lovely. I'd like to see more!

Fotf said...

Oh thank you Christie that is so kind of you. Look forward to sharing more x