Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Sunday 30 September 2007

To Tink or not to Tink?

So up till around seven years ago i had no body art unlike my husband who is well into double figures. Not long after we first met we went to Blackpool. I don't recall how much persuasion it took but i decided to have one done. I guess i must have chosen from the pictures on the wall. I had the Chinese symbols for love with a rose incorporated. My biggest fear was the pain.

Well it can't have hurt that much. During a rather dreadful second visit to Blackpool i chose to have another one. I wanted a fairy but none of the ones the shop had on show appealed to me. During our time in Blackpool i had worn my Tinkerbell t-shirt. The guy in the tattoo shop suggested copying the design. I thought that was a good idea and that is what we did. Yet again i thought how much is it going to hurt. It's a strange sensation, definitely uncomfortable but strangely familiar once you've been through it. In fact over the years I've likened it to childbirth although even now i haven't experienced that in the natural sense. That i am told is painful and yet it doesn't put anyone off, or not for long.

So i did Tink so to speak. She travels with me and sprinkles fairy dust on me when i need it lol! I don't feel the need to further embellish. My step daughter has asked me if i would have one to mark my sons arrival but i have a fairly big scar to carry with me. That said i did briefly debate decorating it but i think that may remain a thought, for now anyway...

No comments: